Well guys… I hate to break this to everyone… but the year is more than half over. What?! I know, it’s almost September. I’m still scratching my head wondering where the time has gone.
It’s tough sometimes to look back realizing it was just eight months ago that many of us declared New Year’s Resolutions. Heck, if I made one I sure don’t remember it now. But I was thinking this morning about training, fitness, health in general. How do I want the rest of this year to look like? I still have a good four months to live up for 2014.
I wish I had some magic secret to reveal to you all about lifting, or training, or health that gives us all exactly what we desire to be. But…. I don’t.
I do know this. I don’t want life to just happen to me. I want to be able to look back at 2014 and know that I did these five things, because they bring me happiness in life:
1. Enjoy incredible amounts of coffee.
2. Walk to new places (Red River Gorge is a personal favorite exploring place for me)
3. Train hard, and crushed personal records (Hello October Nationals, I’m coming for you)
4. Laugh with the people I lift with.
5. Do the donut trail (Yes, Kentucky has a Donut Trail, and when I turn 25 this year, that’s where you’ll find me).
As I write this, I’m a little stressed out at work, overextended in my personal life and kind of loopy from managing so much. But I’m going to challenge you all to do what I have done, make a list. That’s right you have homework. I want everyone who reads this to comment five things they want to see happen with the rest of 2014. The great thing about my list is that I enjoy most of these things on a regular basis (donuts I enjoy seldomly but always savor the moment). This helps remind me to make margin in my life for the things that constantly keep me sane and bring me joy.